Below is a list of our most Frequently Asked Questions to help you in your decision-making process:
- Do I need a referral?
No, everyone is welcome to explore LEMMO Integrated Cancer & Care Centre treatments and services.
- How do I become a patient?
Contact LEMMO Integrated Cancer & Care Centre office at 604.428.1991 to schedule an initial consultation visit with Dr. Lemmo. You will be required to fill out and submit our downloadable, new patient intake form along with pertinent health records (i.e. lab tests, scans, reports, etc.)
- How long do I have to wait for my initial consultation?
We know situations in cancer care and other types of diagnosis can be time sensitive and we work hard to accommodate patients as fast as possible. We do not believe in long waiting lists.
- What should I expect at my initial consultation?
New patients should reserve minimum of 1 hour for the initial consultation and evaluation, followed by an individualized treatment plan, which may include a detailed health analysis and various suggested testing/screening options if indicated. This consultation is also an opportunity for the patient to collaborate as an active participant in their care.
- Will LEMMO Integrated Cancer Care Inc. work with my existing physicians, oncologists or medical professionals?
Yes, LEMMO Integrated Cancer & Care Centre works will all levels of health care professionals, including (but not limited to) oncologists, surgeons, pathologists, medical doctors, pharmacists, nuclear medicine and imaging professionals as well as a broad range of integrative practitioners. In addition, reports, at the request of the patient, can be created to submit to other professionals.
- Is my treatment with LEMMO Integrated Cancer & Care Centre covered?
At this time, Canadians with extended health plans may receive some level of coverage. Each patient should contact their insurance company regarding their personal coverage limit for naturopathic services. We provide a receipt of services and the patient is responsible to submit to their insurance provider.
- My oncologist and/or pharmacist and/or nurse expressed uncertainty about some of my natural health treatments with LEMMO Integrated Cancer & Care Centre, what should I do? We have found throughout the years that views on integrative cancer care may be subjectively based (depending on the person, background and school of thought), and not necessarily based on an objective view of evidence and research. Ultimately, it is the patient’s choice on the direction or approach they would like to incorporate into their cancer care program. Dr. Lemmo advises that a patient trust their personal intuition and to follow a recommended path that possesses the greatest comfort and the least amount of fear and stress. Dr. Lemmo is available to discuss treatment plans with any health care professional or any member of a patient’s oncology team (locally or abroad), at any time. If such a situation arises, it is strongly urged that the health care provider phone our centre immediately (to not use email or letter). For patient concerns, we have found it best that a patient return to the office for an in-person visit to discuss issues and arrange for a treatment plan that works for the patient and their team.
- I am not able to travel due to health and/or distance, how can I still receive care?
LEMMO Integrated Cancer & Care Centre offers an in-depth telephone consultation program to discuss a patient’s diagnosis, health history and offer integrative treatment solutions. By contacting the office at 604.428.1991 telephone consultation appointments can be scheduled. Prospective patients would be required to fill out our downloadable, new patient intake form and send this to our office along with health records for review prior to the appointment. Following, we do our best to supervise and help arrange for a treatment plan in your local area whenever possible.
- I am travelling from out of town to receive treatment with LEMMO Integrated Cancer & Care Centre, how can I be best accommodated to maximize my care?
LEMMO Integrated Cancer & Care Centre will accommodate travelling patients as best as possible, which may include weekend services, moreover, we are also located near a local hotel and many amenities as indicated in our travelling section.
- If I do not have cancer, can I still seek naturopathic treatment with Dr. Lemmo and the LEMMO Integrated Cancer Care facility?
Yes, from time to time we do accept patients who are living with chronic conditions that are serious or difficult to treat. Also, we do support caregivers and/or family members of our patients living with cancer. Please call our centre at 604.428.1991 to discuss if we are the appropriate facility for your health needs.
- How can I learn more about LEMMO Integrated Cancer & Care Centre? There is no obligation to inquire about the services we provide, so please contact the office to find out how we can help you.