As our patient community and staff member heath is our top priority, we have implemented the following protocol during the COVID-19 pandemic. This will be updated regularly.
We continue to service patients with critical care both in office and through Telehealth. Our patients must make an appointment in advance as we are staggering appointment times. New patients are welcome but appointments are required. No drop ins are permitted at this time.
As cancer patients are at a higher risk for complications and severe symptoms associated with COVID-19, we implemented protocol to help eliminate the risk of exposure. Many of our patients are vulnerable and undergoing surgery, chemotherapy or other immune suppressive treatments. At this time, no patient support people are permitted. We request that patients come to the office unaccompanied, by yourself, and wearing a mask. If this is not possible in serious situations, we ask caregivers to wear a mask and maintain social distancing in our reception area.
Please note that masks and hand sanitizer are available upon entry into our reception room.
Please call the office in advance of your visit if you are experiencing any of the following symptoms:
- Severe chest pain or difficulty breathing
- Flu-like or other respiratory symptoms
A staff member may call you prior to your appointment to assess your health situation and your care may be directed off-site.
Additional Office Measures and Protocol
- Plexi barrier installed at our reception area;
- Masks and hand sanitizer available upon entrance;
- Magazines and books and any items that can transfer germs have been removed from our patient resources and treatment rooms;
- Ceramic mugs replaced with disposal drinking cups
- If the patient wishes, payment arrangements can be made in advance to allow for contactless exit from appointment;
- Continuous HEPA air filtration system in IV room;
- Disinfection procedures of office fixtures as well as regular cleaning of high-touch surfaces including:
- Patient chairs
- Door handles
- Washroom fixtures
- Outside packages and mail to be isolated upon arrival to the office
Please note: No industrial spray or aerosol disinfectants are used. We are very conscious of keeping our office air free of disinfectant spray and ensuring our patients safety from potentially harmful inhalable substances.
Additional COVID-19 Resources:
Guidelines as also provided by the BC Cancer Agency and COVID-19 found in the below link:
Please note: the province has created a phone service to provide non-medical information on COVID-19 including the latest information on travel restrictions. Available 7:30 am – 8:00 pm PST at 1-888-COVID19 (1-888-268-4319) or text at 604-630-0300.